Mr. X's 3rd blog post

Copyright refers to legal protection over one’s work. Copyrights are put in place so that things like books, films, music or research cannot be used without the creator’s consent or licensing. Fair use is a legal precedent which allows for copyright protected products to be used under certain circumstances, such as; criticism, news reporting, teaching, and research. I would use these concepts in my classroom by ensuring my students don’t attempt to pass off someone else’s work as their own. And if they must reference work that isn’t theirs it must be followed by some form of criticism or analysis.

 

I think cyberbullying could be tackled in a few ways. It is important to teach children appropriate behavior and conduct when using the internet, this includes insuring their own safety and that they don’t try to cause harm to others. I would also ensure that the schools emailing or instant messaging system cannot be used anonymously, stopping cyberbullying at the root. For fighting decreased productivity, I would place a parental block on the school’s wifi, blocking access to all social media, video streaming or gaming websites. I would also try to incorporate a blend of on and off screen learning within the classroom.

 

I feel like creating the newsletter was a good experience in using or growing some of the skills I have already acquired, such as the design of the page layout. This took some thought as I was trying to keep it all on one page as I felt I would have struggled to fill out 2 full pages. I did learn how to create an e-mail link, as I had to google how to do that, and it was my first attempt using canva which was pretty straight forward. I think in my future career it will be important to know how to create eye catching presentations of documents, so designing the newsletter was good practice for that I think.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mr X. on Web 2.0

Blog 10. The end.