blog 9

This has been my first semester as an online or distance learner. I’m also doing my internship remotely as well as some classes this semester. I have found the classes relatively easy to do remotely, I feel as though I’m working through the tasks and assignments as though it were a more ordinary semester. I have found my internship challenging however, I don’t think the company were as prepared to assign remote work as my teachers have been. OER, or online educational resources, are applications and websites that can assist teachers and students in academic achievement. These resources can range from lesson plans to study guides. A website I found which may be useful is called OER commons. This is a search engine that can help users find new resources. Users can filter the search to only include the grade level and subject they wish to look up. I found the assignment somewhat challenging. I have used PowerPoint before, but I’ve never recorded a slideshow before. I’m terrible at reading lines into a microphone, so this took me several attempts before I had a recording I was satisfied with. Though I enjoyed making a PowerPoint on that subject. I think my interactive presentation was effective, though I think I could have improved on the aesthetic design.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mr X. on Web 2.0

Mr. X's 3rd blog post

Blog 10. The end.