Blog post 7

The school website I looked at was for Duncan Fletcher High School in Jacksonville Beach, FL. The teacher directory page was very minimal. It included an alphabetical list of all the teachers who work there, along with their department and email address. There were no links to class pages that I could see or access. I looked up some other schools in the area to see if their websites had any class pages I could see. They did not. https://dcps.duvalschools.org/domain/3919
I could see myself using technology to benefit both myself and the student. I would require students to submit their work electronically, making it easier for me to organize and grade. While students will use programs such as PB Works in order to gain practical tech-based skills. I could see myself using Grammarly when grading assignments, I use it now when writing and it helps me catch mistakes when I miss them.
I found using the wiki to be quite straightforward. The software felt very intuitive and self-explanatory. And any instant where I found myself confused, I was able to find a short tutorial to set me straight. I think I would have my students present their work through a wiki. That way it could be accessed easily by myself and the students will learn how to use a new program that may serve them in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mr X. on Web 2.0

Mr. X's 3rd blog post

Blog 10. The end.