blog 8

This was the first website I’ve designed from scratch. So, I feel as though everything I know about web design I learned from this. I quite enjoyed the experience of designing a personal website, once I got used to weebly’s interface I found I was able to express myself creatively somewhat. I personally didn’t like having to put in a bio as I wound up making it up almost entirely. I think in the future I will be more immediately confident should I need to design another website as I now have some experience in it. https://profharryenglish.weebly.com/syllabus.html I found Diigo challenging to use. Its interface wasn’t accessible in my opinion and the layout is far too cluttered and wordy. I had to follow the tutorial very closely in order to be able to do the assignment on Diigo. I think it could be a useful platform in a classroom or team setting. It allows people to share new articles and to comment on them, which could be handy for a team to use if they are working remotely. As a student I’ve seen how educational technology has developed and influenced tech outside of the classroom. For instance, the smart board was introduced in my classroom when I was in elementary school and the technology for that was considered cutting edge at the time and beyond anything I had access to at home. Now the old classroom smart board can be viewed as a prototype to the iPad and other touchscreen devices. https://www.edweek.org/ew/issues/technology-in-education/index.html Education week features multiple articles on trends in education and technology. The articles are fairly longform and in the style of a broad sheet newspaper.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mr X. on Web 2.0

Mr. X's 3rd blog post

Blog 10. The end.